18. Tips For Successfully Running a Business as a Married Couple with Chantel Henry
Today I have with me Chantel Henry. Chantel and her husband are the co-founders of The Bestsellers Academy, a company dedicated to helping experts become thought leaders by developing the intellectual property that expands and sustains their businesses. With over 15 years of combined experience in the consulting and publicity industry, they have successfully guided over 1,300 people on their writing journey.
If you enjoy listening to this episode, it would mean the world if could leave a review on apple podcast, share it on Instagram or even with a friend. Here’s the episode.
Chantel had some great advice for those of you thinking of going into business with a spouse. She also had great insight for what it takes to run a successful and sustainable business. Here are the takeaways.
- Intellectual property is understanding that the ideas, knowledge, and expertise that you possess is valuable enough to put a price tag on it.
- Working with your spouse can be very rewarding, but there are constantly things that need to be worked through. Such as distinguishing your partner’s voice from the voice of the CEO. I thought it was brilliant when Chantel came up with a way to distinguish this by literally having her husband wear a different color hat. What I love about this, is you can literally make something as easy or as hard as you want to. In this case, Chantel and her husband brainstormed what could be the most simple and effective way to distinguish these two roles. It’s only as hard as you make it
- We were talking about this in terms of working with your spouse, but I really think it applies to all businesses – understanding your limitations are so important to the sustainability of your business and marriage
- So much has been deposited into us through our experiences, joy, pain, peace, and so, and each one of our jobs is to unwrap our gifts and share it with everyone who can benefit.
Thank you so much for listening in to this episode, I hope you were encouraged to take the path of resistance, whatever that looks like for you. Even though it might be scary, it is worth it in the end to know you lived a life of intentionally and reaped beautiful rewards. Make sure to subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss the next one!
Connect with Chantel Henry
Connect with the host Karley Welty
Email: [email protected]