19. Turning Your Traumas Into Treasures with Asher Wright and Lavinia Grosanu
Today I have two friends, Asher and Lavinia, who I met through a speaking group. Asher is a retired US Army Veteran, cofounder of Life Changing Wisdom Coach and coauthor of the book we discuss today, Turn Your Trauma Into Treasures. Lavinia is an entrepreneur, cofound of Life Changing Wisdom Coach and the coauthor to the same book. These two have accumulated wisdom throughout their individual journeys which pours over into their book. So, let’s see what they have to say.
If you enjoy listening to this episode, it would mean the world if could leave a review on apple podcast, share it on Instagram or even with a friend. Here’s the episode.
Asher and Lavinia were great! They bring such an important view to how your thinking can affect your whole life! Here are the takeaways.
- Discipline takes habits and habits take practice. Asher had 20 years in the military to practice those habits. Don’t be discouraged if your habits are hard to be consistent with. Take it one step at a time and keep practicing those habits.
- Everyone has trauma that has happened in their life whether big or small. Make sure to take the time to heal those traumas and turn them into treasure. Otherwise, it will affect your life without you even understanding why you are behaving or feeling a certain way.
- Your traumas can actually be a gift because they set your life in motion and the generations that follow. You just have to go back and look at your story from a different angle.
- When you have doubts, you should doubt your doubts. Sounds crazy, but like Asher said, doubt it powerful. So when you start to doubt yourself, instead doubt the opposition.
- The last takeaway for me wasn’t discussed in the episode but I wanted to add another point of view regarding how you think. I heard this from the pastor at our church on the Sunday after recording this episode. He talked about the importance of protecting your peace. I hope you understand that there are many ways to think about how your thoughts and inner dialogue affects your life and this is my perspective. So he talked about protecting your peace, or in terms of what we talked about in this podcast, language affecting your reality. This can be a very practical thing that you can apply to your life. It comes down to resisting the enemy and submitting to God or resisting God and trusting what the enemy has to say. You do this by learning how to discern the voice of the enemy so you can tune him out in order to tune God in. I hope I am conveying this as good as Mark did because he did some great preaching that day. So without getting too off topic from what Asher, Lavinia and I talked about I am going to link the video of last Sunday in the show notes if you would like to listen to that message.
Thank you so much for listening in to this episode, I hope you were encouraged to take the path of resistance, whatever that looks like for you. Even though it might be scary, it is worth it in the end to know you lived a life of intentionally and reaped beautiful rewards. Make sure to subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss the next one!
Connect with Asher:
Asher's Email: [email protected]
Connect with Lavinia:
Lavinia's Email: [email protected]
Buy the Book:
Connect with the host Karley Welty
Email: [email protected]